Storing the breast milk in a bottle or a bag
Bestway for storing breastmilk depends on your choice and your situation. From time to time you may want to use either a bottle or a bag.
Pros and Cons using a bottle
If you choose to store the milk in a bottle, it may be easier to store the milk in a bottle for short time, 5 to 7 days. Moreover, it is natural and eco-friendly. The bottle allows easy checking of the volume of the milk. However, you may not able to mark the date and time to track, and only good for 5 to 7 days of storage. Also, every use, you need to clean up the bottle thoroughly.
Pros and Cons using a bag
You can store the milk for up to 6 months in a freezer below -18 Celsius or -0.4 Fahrenheit. However, in a refrigerator below 4 Celsius or 39 Fahrenheit, you can store up to 5 days You can easily mark the time and date for tracking and store also. The bags shall be immediately available after thawing them. Other advantages include easy to store in the freezer, highly useful when you are traveling and you don’t need to clean it up. Also, the baby can still be fed even at a baby care center. The only disadvantage of using a bag is that it is not eco-friendly.
How to use the breast milk bag?
Please ensure to wash your hands completely before pumping. Mark date and time in the bag. After pumping into a bottle, carefully fill the bag with the breast milk. Then zip the bag and store it in the freezer or refrigerator. Ensure to thaw the breast milk in lukewarm water temperature at 40°C or 104°F for about 20 minutes.
Please check further details with CDC “Proper Storage and Preparation of Breast Milk”
- 100% leak-free with securely sealed double zipper bag: a Double zipper bag allows securely seal off the contents of the bag ensuring without a leak for your valuable feed for your baby
- Designed with durable and high-quality material: We provide the highest quality of the product that guarantees a mother’s satisfaction
- A separate outlet located at the top provides convenience and further hygiene (easy rip-off and pouring). It allows pouring the milk easily and securely through a separate outlet that makes not only convenient but gives further hygienic function
- BPA free: No lead and Bisphenol
- Self-standing for easy storage: You can store the bags in the freezer or fridge vertical or horizontal without a spill. Other valuable features: Thermal Indicator provides a quick reference of the temperature of the milk (quick reference ONLY; one still needs to measure the temperature) Volume Indicator can give you more than 98% of the accuracy of the volume. Date & Time marker makes it easy to track the history of the bags.